Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kotlewski/Reflection 4

Wow!!
I learned so much from this class! You did a fantastic job at differentiating to all of us and keeping it a very positive and energetic environment. I learned more about how to take better and sharper digital pictures. I knew of the 'macro' setting, but didn't realize what a difference it made on closeup pictures. I liked hearing the great ideas from other teachers of different ways of using digital photography in the classroom. Some things that I am anxious to try are creating advertisements for upcoming events in my classroom, creating math posters for symbols, taking pictures of real rocks etc. for our new science unit and pictures of the life cycle process and the sequencing involved, poetry pictures combined with writing, and field trip memories. I will definitely take pictures of my students this year following the school rules and show as a slideshow at the beginning of upcoming school years.
It was great to review all of the copyright laws and how to find images on Google that are non-copyrighted. Along with that, it was nice to learn how to site where the image came from. I encourage my students to look for appropriate images for the books that they write and publish in our Southwood Glen publishing center and now I know where to find public domain graphics. I just received a Flip video camera this week from my school librarian. It was fun to practice taking some clips at the District Retirement Dinner and to learn how to import them into iMovie. It was easier than I thought to create an iMovie complete with added pictures and sounds. I look forward to creating short movies next year with my students and sending the links to their families. Currently, I share digital pictures on Snapfish and documents via email. Now, I am ready to share short videos and upload to Youtube. I am always encouraging my students to present and share their academic talents. This class will now enable me to take my students to a higher level of creativity. Thank YOU, Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment