Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vink/Reflection 4

Overall Reflection of this course (2 paragraphs minimum, more if desired): What did you take away? What will you use in your classroom?

I truly enjoyed this class even though I felt over whelmed at times with all the "new" information. On the first night I found the flip camera an interesting piece of equipment and would very much like to buy one to use with my class. I think that it would be a tool that students would enjoy and I could, with some practice, become proficient at using comfortably. I also discovered that importing photos into a computer is very easy and wonderful way of keeping a photo library.

On Saturday, I enjoyed learning about IPhoto and all it's features-editing tools, and how to title events/slides and create a slide show. There is so much to learn! It wasn't hard, just difficult to remember all the "new" information. However, I plan to practice importing photos into IPhoto and working with them over the summer. Then, next year I hope to use the 15 cameras the art teacher has at my elementary building to give the students opportunities to take pictures to use in a few guided projects-at least one in language arts and one in math. IMovie as great! However, once again, it will take me time to practice and use before I feel completely comfortable using it with my whole class. However, I would like to practice creating another IMovie in my free time to practice the skills that I was introduced to this weekend. Then next school year, I can hopefully try to allow the students in class the opportunity to develop a short IMovie in class as a partner project.

Thanks for the information and posting notes and information online so I can refer back to when I have a problem or forget how to do something.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment